Lots of people are already familiar with the many benefits of using Aloe Vera on the skin – for rashes, cuts, bruises, sunburn and so on. But not so many people know about the health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice.
Firstly, aloe vera juice is completely safe and it’s very versatile. It’s actually called an “adaptogen” because it literally adapts to the body’s needs. Many of the benefits of drinking aloe vera juice stem from the fact that it naturally contains so many different nutrients: vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other trace elements.
These are all perfectly balanced in a proportion that is ideally suited for the body to utilize effectively for its own healing and repair. So it’s not quite true that aloe vera juice is a miracle cure. It’s more that it contains so much nutrition that’s vital for the body to heal itself…
Here, in no particular order, is a guide to the top ten health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice:
1. Detox Aloe vera juice is a great natural aid to detox. With our stressful lives, the pollution around us and the junk foods we eat, we all need to cleanse our systems from time to time. Some people more often than others! Drinking aloe vera juice provides a fantastically rich cocktail of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to help our bodies deal with these stresses and strains everyday.
2. Healthy Digestion A healthy digestive system makes sure that we absorb as many of the nutrients as possible from the foods we eat. Aloe vera juice has natural detoxifying abilities; and drinking aloe vera juice seems to improve bowel regularity and increases protein absorption. It also helps to decrease the amount of unfriendly bacteria and yeast in our gut. Aloe vera has been shown to help reduce and soothe heartburn and other digestive problems.
3. Natural Immune Support Aloe vera is full of anti-oxidants – natural immune enhancers which fight free radicals within our body. Free radicals are the unstable compounds produced as a side-effect of our metabolism. They are thought to cause various ailments, as well as contributing to the ageing process. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly gives the body a regular supply of anti-oxidants, which can boost and enhance the immune system.
4. Reduce Inflammation Aloe vera juice contains 12 substances which can slow down or inhibit inflammation, without any side-effects. Some people say that drinking aloe vera juice helps with their stiff, swollen or painful joints.
5. Collagen and Elastin Repair for Healthy Skin Drinking aloe vera juice adds a rich supply of raw materials to your diet, which can produce and maintain really healthy skin. The skin replaces itself every 28 days. Using the nutritional building blocks of aloe vera, the skin can use these nutrients daily to help combat the effects of ageing. Aloe vera also helps in soothing minor burns, cuts, scrapes and skin irritations.
6. Regulate Weight and Energy Levels Drinking aloe vera juice naturally allows the body to cleanse the digestive system. Our diets include many substances which can cause fatigue and exhaustion. Taken regularly, aloe vera juice ensures a greater feeling of well-being, allowing energy levels to increase and helps maintain a healthy body weight.
7. Daily Dose of Vitamins & Minerals Aloe vera juice contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12 (the aloe vera plant is one of the few plants in the world to contain vitamin B12), C, E, Folic Acid and Niacin. The human body cannot store some of these vitamins, so we need to supplement them regularly through our diet. The minerals found in aloe vera include Calcium, Sodium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium, Chromium and more… Plenty of good nutrition in aloe vera juice!
8. Amino Acids The human body requires 20 amino acids to build protein; 8 of these amino acids are ‘essential’ which means the body can’t make them itself. Aloe vera contains 19 of these amino acids, and 7 of the essential amino acids. So drinking aloe vera juice tops up your body’s daily supply.
9. Dental Health Aloe vera is extremely helpful for your mouth and gums. As well as its natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial actions, it contains vitamins and minerals which promote cell growth and healing. There are some aloe vera toothgels available which contain a high level of pure aloe vera, which may help with bleeding gums and mouth ulcers.
10. Better than Nutritional Supplements Recent research has shown that adding good foods to our diets, rich in naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, is far better than adding supplements alone. The good news is that Aloe Vera juice is considered a food, rather than a manufactured supplement. So drinking aloe vera juice is probably better than taking supplements alone, because our bodies can absorb all the nutrients in aloe vera more easily, and utilize them more effectively.
————————————————————————This guide is by no means exhaustive, and is not meant to diagnose or treat any specific condition or ailment. But we do hope it has given you a good overview of some of the possible health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice. If you’re inspired to try some aloe vera drink, to see if it may have a beneficial effect on your health, then look no further! We have the finest Aloe Vera juice, gel and aloe vera drinks on the market. Sourced from Forever Living Products, all our aloe vera drinks come with an unconditional 60-day money back guarantee. For more information, or to purchase some aloe vera juice, please go to our Aloe Vera Drinks page.